Need an idea for a day trip? Try visiting Tucson. Before you go though, be sure to check out the Tucson Staycations first to get all of the latest tips and suggestions as well as coupons and discounts to save you money on your day trip there.
The Latest Staycation Ideas
Take the whole family to see the Arizona Diamondbacks play at Chase Field on Fridays this summer for their Friday Night Fireworks event. Following each of the designated games will be a fantastic display of fireworks that everyone can enjoy. In addition to the fireworks show they also often send offer giveaways, games, and other entertainment. They will sometimes do some pre-game activities so you will want to make sure that you get there early. The fireworks show is included as part of your admission cost for the game.
Now if you want to catch an Arizona Diamondbacks game at another time then be sure to check out the Arizona Diamondbacks coupons to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets. The Arizona Diamondbacks do a lot of in season promotions, particularly during the week, which is perfect for a summer staycation activity on a budget.
At the end of this month the Greatest Show on Earth is coming back to Phoenix. This time the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey are presenting their show titled Legends which features mythical creatures from the past in a performance with daring acrobatics and amazing choreography. The circus will be performing at the US Airways Center from June 26th through July 1st with multiple performances on the weekend dates. Tickets are still available at last check. Before you get your tickets though, there are a few ways that you can save a little extra off the total cost of your admission.
For starters, kids 23 months and younger get free admission to the circus so long as they sit in the lap of an adult. Kids ages 2-12 get a $5 discount off the general admission price. These are for upper level seating. Of course if you have a baby and it is his or her’s first circus then be sure to register on the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey website. They have a special package for Baby’s First Circus.
There is also a way to get $5 off the cost of each ticket. This is believed to be available for unlimited tickets. When you purchase your tickets through their website it takes you to Ticketmaster. Just look for the special offer code box at the top of the checkout page. Enter FS24 into the special offer code box and click apply and you should automatically get $5 off the cost of each ticket.
Finally, if you want to see the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey at another venue or at another time then be sure to first check out the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your ticket purchases.
The Professional Bull Riders (PBR) are making their way to the US Airways Center for the BassPro Shop Chute Out. This is your chance to see all of the top professional bull riders in the world compete in a high stakes competition. You’ll see 35 of the toughest riders fight to stay in control of the fiercest bulls. The action begins on Saturday, March 8th, at 8p.m. and concludes at 2:50p.m. on Sunday, March 9th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you get your tickets, here are some ways that you can save a little extra money off the cost of your tickets to the event, which of course includes a listing of the latest known coupons.
Tips & Coupons
- You can buy your tickets online and if you do then be sure to check for offer codes. There is an offer code link at the top of the ticket purchase page. Just enter your coupon in that box to receive your discount.
- If you have a family or group of 4 then check out the Me+3 package which gets your 4 tickets for a discounted price. You can save at least $5 per ticket this way.
- You can also check out some of the ticket marketplaces like Vivid Seats where you can sometimes save as much as 60% off your tickets to events at the US Airways Center.
- Finally, keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon because they will sometimes run promotions where you can save as much as 50% on your tickets to see the PBR events.
If you are looking at an event at another venue or at another time then be sure to check out the PBR coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets for the professional bull riding event.
This is most definitely a different view point of the classic tale of Robin Hood. The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood is a tale that many classify as Monty Pythonesque. The Merry Men are portrayed as more of a band of misfits than anything with a collective IQ of 6 (estimated). Now the story itself follows the same basic storyline of all of the other Robin Hood stories, just with a much funnier twist. It will be performed for 2 weeks at the Fountain Hills Theater starting March 14th and running through March 30th. Tickets are on sale right now and if you go ahead and reserve your tickets ahead of time you can actually save a little bit of money or possibly even get free tickets to see the performance of The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood at the Fountain Hills Theater.
There is a discount offered for youth tickets, which at last check was $3 off the cost of an adult ticket. There are senior discounts offered for tickets to The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood but you will have to call the box office at the Fountain Hills Theater (480-837-9661 x3)in order to get the senior discount. You can also follow The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood on Facebook for updates and other newsworthy tidbits.
Now if you want to make a whole evening out of your visit then that’s not a bad idea either. There are lots of dining options available that suit just about any taste. Both the Visitors Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce provide an extensive list of all of the available dining options in the Fountain Hills area. Go ahead and make your reservations and make a whole evening out of your trip.
Neil Simon’s Barefoot in the Park follows the lives of newlyweds Paul and Corie Bratter as they try to adjust to married life. The story takes place in a tiny Greenwich Village apartment where the young couple finds themselves clashing over anything and everything. It’s a witty, charming, and playful comedy about the ups and downs of marriage. If you want to catch a performance you can do so at the Don Bluth Front Row Theatre from now until February 22nd. Tickets are on sale right now and can be purchased from the ticket box office as well as online. Of course there are other ways that you can save on your tickets as well.
Now if you are purchasing your tickets online and the seating chart indicates a Sold Out then you can always call the ticket box office to see if there are any available House Seats. These are only available by phone or at the ticket box office. You can also arrive on the day of the show about an hour prior to curtain time to see if they have any stand by tickets available. If there are tickets available you usually save over 50% off the regular price of your tickets. If you are flexible with your plans then this is of course a great option to see the performance for less.
There is also a discount for students. Just show your ID and you can get as much as $5 off the total cost of your ticket. Finally, there are group discounts offered for the Barefoot in the Park at the Don Bluth Front Row Theatre. Just get together a group of 10 or more people and everyone saves $3 off the cost of their admission to the show.
This is the last chance to catch the Disney on Ice performance of Rockin’ Ever After at the US Airways Center. The last night of performance is on Sunday, January 12th at 4pm. This show features (for the first time) Merida from Disney Pixar’s Brave as well as many of your other favorite Disney characters including Ariel and Sebastian, Rapunzel and Flynn, Beauty and the Beast, and of course Mickey. There are a limited number of tickets still available (at last check) which can be purchased from either the ticket box office or through online ticket discounters. Before you get your tickets though, here are some tips on how you can save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. This of course includes to the latest known coupons for Disney on Ice in Phoenix.
Tips & Coupons
- If you purchase your tickets directly then be sure to check for offer codes. You should notice an offer code box at the top of the checkout page. Try entering MICKEY into the offer code box to unlock the secret savings. At last check you get $5 off regular tickets and $15 off VIP tickets.
- There are still a few Me + 3 (4 pack) of tickets available. This is a great way to save if you have a family or group of 4. At last check the savings is just over $5 per ticket.
- You can also check out the ticket marketplaces like Vivid Seats where you can often times purchase Disney On Ice tickets for much less than the face value.
Now if you want to see any of the Disney on Ice shows at another venue or at another time then be sure to check out the Disney on Ice coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your ticket purchases.
The Herberger Theater plays host to the Jewish Tragedy, My Son the Waiter, starting Christmas Day and running all the way through February 2nd. It is a play about Brad Zimmerman and his 29-year quest to build a performing career, which is supported by his “temporary” job as a waiter in the restaurant industry. Zimmerman has had a great career and is known for his role in The Sopranos among other supporting roles. Tickets are on sale right now and can be purchased through the Herberger Theater Center. Before you get your tickets though, here are some suggestions on how you can actually save just a little extra money with additional discount opportunities and coupons for any of the performances of “My Son the Waiter.”
Tips & Coupons
- You can save a little extra money on the weekday shows. See My Son The Waiter Monday through Thursday and save $4 off the cost of each ticket.
- If you want to make an evening out of it and get dinner too then check out the dinner and a show packages. $5 from each dinner package sold goes towards the Herberger Theater’s Arts Education and Outreach Programs for youth! Participating restaurants include 1130, Kincaid’s, Sam’s Cafe, Taste It Tours, The Strand, and Urban Olive.
- If you buy your tickets online then be sure to check for coupon codes. You should notice a link on the checkout page labeled DISCOUNTS. Click that and enter the coupon in the box. Then click unlock and you should see the discount appear in the total cost of the ticket. Try the code JMT2 to get $10 off your ticket for “My Son the Waiter.”
Note, you do have to pay for parking at the Herberger Theater Center. You can, however, prepay for your parking by purchasing your parking ticket through the Herberger Theater Center and pay just $3 for your parking pass. These are available Monday – Friday from 5pm – 4am and Saturday – Sunday all day.
Hop on aboard the Grand Canyon Railway’s Polar Express train this holiday season and take ride to the North Pole. The Polar Express train departs Williams each evening at both 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm. There is also a 3:30 pm departure time on select dates throughout the season. The ride itself lasts about an hour and along the way you will enjoy hot chocolate and cookies. Before leaving Santa’s Village, Santa will make his way through the train, handing out presents to all the boys and girls. The Polar Express runs all the way through January 4th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you buy your tickets, take a moment to read over the tips and suggestions which are outlined below. This of course includes a listing of all of the latest known coupons for the Polar Express Grand Canyon Railway which should help to save you even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are buying your Polar Express Grand Canyon Railway tickets online then be sure to first check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box along the left hand side of the ticket purchase page. Enter the coupon here and then click get prices. You should see the discount appear on the next page.
- Be on the lookout for the matinee times rides (3:30 pm departure) where you can save $5 off the total cost of each ticket.
- If you book the Polar Express train ride you can then get a 50% discount on a ticket to the Grand Canyon. Just check your Polar Express song book (on the train) for further details.
- Make a complete adventure out of your trip and get the Polar Express package. This includes your passage to the North Pole, accommodations at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, and dinner and breakfast buffets for a family of 4. Prices start at just $350 for the whole package.
If you are looking to purchase any other Grand Canyon Railway tickets you might want to first check out the Grand Canyon Railway coupons to make sure that you get the most savings possible for your next train ride.
For a unique, wild, and crazy good time, how about a murder mystery? Right now the Embassy Suites is holding the “Murder! More or Less” murder mystery dinner, which is being put on by the Murder and a Meal Dinner Theatre. There is a new murder mystery show every Friday and Saturday evening all the way through February 1st. This is a popular even so tickets do sell out fast. Make your reservations ahead of time to insure that you get a seat, if you are brave enough. Now before you get your tickets you will want to make sure that you take full advantage of all of the latest coupons and other money saving tips which are listed below.
Tips & Coupons
- Be sure to join the mailing list or follow the Murder and a Meal Dinner Theatre for the latest news updates and promotions.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can save as much as 45% off the total cost of your tickets for Murder! More or Less.
- Check for special discount days from the Murder and a Meal Theatre company. The last discount day was on December 13th and 4th where tickets were discounted by $10.
Note, there is one price for everyone. At last check there does not appear to be any additional discounts for children, seniors, military, etc.
Each year, one of the biggest spectacles in the Phoenix area is the Zoo Lights event at the Phoenix Zoo. For 2013 the Zoo Lights features two new music in motion shows, featuring the music from the Wizard of Oz and the “Wizards in Winter” by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. In total, there will be more than 3.7 million lights covering more than 700 different light displays. Admission is separate from the daytime general admission tickets. Before you buy your tickets though, take a moment to read over the tips which are outlined below. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission to the Zoo Lights event at the Phoenix Zoo.
Tips & Coupons
- Visit during the weeknight, Sunday through Thursday, and you can save $4 off each admission ticket.
- If you are already a member then you can actually get an additional $1 off your admission to the Phoenix Zoo Lights. If you are not a member then you can go ahead and get an annual membership to get your additional discount.
Note: Children 2 years and under get free admission to the Phoenix Zoo Lights. Also, these promotions may not be combined with any other promotion or coupon. Now if you are planning a visit to the Phoenix Zoo at any other time of the year then be sure to first check out the Phoenix Zoo coupons before you purchase your tickets to make sure that you are getting the best savings possible on your next visit.